General Manager - Mapping Division
General Manager -Mapping Division
Under limited supervision performs complex advanced level professional work in the overall development, performance, and maintenance of the organization’s geospatial mapping division to obtain the maximum efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the company. Collaborates with sales, program mangers, and partners units in developing and executing innovative projects and programs. Overall general management of the mapping manufacturing/production/project element of the organization ensuring high quality business activities with maximum efficiency, service and profitability for the company. Ensures the team is staffed to accomplish the work and that the team understands that the organization’s goals and achievements are reflected in all its operations and activities including relationships and risk management. Must meet targets and those of the team as a whole, ensures the smooth running of the mapping division and team. Assists and leads in achieving maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with organization plans and maintains overall organization responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related manufacturing legal/statutory regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations while meeting ASPRS and customer guidelines, policies, standards. Maintains ISO certification and implements federal, statewide, regional, and local strategic and comprehensive initiatives to reduce customer cost, improve customer efficiency or respond to customer needs. Responsible for identifying customer needs 1 to 2 years in advance of customer purchase and helping customers to develop requirements. Must interface with marketing and sales to help guide advertising campaigns, and editorial materials to assist in the efforts of business's creation and expansion. Participates in business identification, creation, expansion, communication, strategy, and acquisition. Some travel may be required. Performs related work as required.
Typically, positions in this class are held accountable for the most complex assignments; development and implementation of new innovative business strategies, and/or lead work/project leadership responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manage, direct, and monitor the overall performance of the Mapping Division
- Effective liaison, support, and assistance with other divisions
- Maintain and improve equipment and mechanisms for manufacturing and all organization activities, including surveying and measuring the manufacturing operations, process, outcomes, and profitability and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities.
- Utilize agreed systems to manage the organization’s functions, analysis and documenting.
- Direct the development of plans for the organization to achieve targets including developing and maintaining resource plans.
- Developing plans for the organization’s progress and growth.
- Subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met.
- Reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required.
- Developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve targets.
- Development and preparation of the strategy and general business planning of the mapping division.
- Delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls.
- Adhere to all organization policies and procedures.
- Interact and co-operate with all members of the organization, its suppliers and customers.
- From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
- Responsible for your allocated workload and financial goals and must meet all targets as agreed with management of the company.
- You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organization generally.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local government regulations on mapping, GIS, and related technologies.
- Knowledge of research and statistical analysis methods.
- Ability to synthesize and use complex financial and technical information.
- Ability to develop and maintain /design power point presentations; and write reports.
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals and groups.
- Ability to interface with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete special projects.
- Review/write proposals and provide advice on win strategies and technical content.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Demonstrated thorough understanding of manufacturing, business process and management, requirements, and dynamics. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
10 years of full-time employment with demonstrated progression of increasing roles of authority and scope in GIS, Mapping, or related position. Demonstrated aptitude for process management and customer/supplier relationship management. A minimum of six years’ experience in lidar and geomatics technologies. CMS or demonstrated knowledge of geospatial industry and company standards (USGS specifications; FEMA specifications; ASPRS specifications). Knowledge of lidar technology, GNSS/IMU data and its uses, lidar calibration techniques, lidar accuracy assessment and reporting. Familiarity of ASPRS, USGS, and FGDC metadata standards. Knowledge of production processes, modeling, and industry standards. Must have the ability to supervise a group of technical non-exempt and exempt employees, maintaining a high degree of motivation and focus on department goals. Must be detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a changing environment. Good interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills with a strong commitment to quality required.