Survey Crew Chief / Field Surveyors
GeoSearch, Inc. is actively seeking a full-time Jr. Crew Chief and field surveyors to join our reputable client in the Richmond, VA or South Hill, VA areas. Your duties and responsibilities, while not limited to, would be as follows:
· Assist in setup and management of survey services which may consist of ALTAs, Boundary, Design and Construction Stakeout.
· Supervise, coordinate, direct and participate in activities related to construction surveying.
· Perform surveying calculations for construction and boundary surveying projects.
· Calculate and Verify field data computations and prepare detailed and neat field notes of surveys.
· Investigate and resolve routine technical and operational field issues.
· Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
· Maintain safety procedures implemented by supervision.
· Maintain equipment, including company vehicle, to insure safe and proper use.
· Abide by rules and regulations set forth by State and Federal agencies as well as contractors.
· Maintain accurate diary and timesheet of activities performed on a daily basis.
· Minimum 2 years' experience as either an Instrument Person or Party Chief performing ALTA/ACSM, boundary, and topographic surveying and construction staking.
· Must have a valid driver's license and an excellent driving record.
· HS Diploma/GED
· Ability to carry up to 50 pounds
· Basic mathematical abilities
· Willingness and ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time.