Survey Project Manager - DOT
We are recruiting for a full-time Survey Project Manager specializing in Tennessee Department of Transportation (TNDOT) surveying. This position will be based in our client's Nashville office. Contact GeoSearch today to have a confidential conversation about this position.
This position is responsible for planning and directing project schedules for a variety of clients in the public transportation sector. The Survey Project Manager, DOT requires technical staff, proposal, and department of transportation management. This role will also collaborate with civil engineers, landscape architects, and other land surveyors to assist our clients in developing commercial, residential, and mixed-use projects.
- Schedule field and office projects with support
- Create project staffing requirements
- Prepare project timeline, scope, and budget
- Stay up to date on project timelines and workflow
- Provide QA/QC and peer review of surveys
- Perform staff management tasks
- Oversee transportation surveying projects
- Oversee MicroStation standards for employees, subcontractors, and field crews
- Work with other departments to smoothly orchestrate large transportation projects
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and participate in business development
- Responsible for full project lifecycle, including financial objectives
- Additional related duties as needed
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Survey, Geomatics, GIS, or a related field
- 7-8+ years of related office experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of surveying fundamentals, principles, and equipment
- Proficient with GEOPAK, MicroStation, and OpenRoads
- Familiar with Trimble equipment and Trimble Business Center
- Ability to work closely in a team environment.
- Effective internal and external communication
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing
- Experience with contracts, negotiations, budgets and estimates.
- Leadership capability to manage and support staff for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to write and convey technical information clearly and effectively present information
- Professional Land Surveyor license in Tennessee
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D