Remote Sensing Division Manager
Our client is a longstanding, family-owned company with a well-established and loyal client base, that owns an impressive fleet of manned helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. This fleet is primarily used for aerial chemical application services for forestry, right-of-way, agricultural, aquatic, and range and pasture customers.
The company is building a new LiDAR and imagery collection practice area to expand its service offerings. They recently invested in a RIEGL airborne laser scanner and Phase One camera, as well as a robust suite of IT infrastructure, to support this practice.
The company is seeking a Remote Sensing Practice Manager to lead the operational and business development efforts for this new division of the company. The manager is expected to lead the development and implementation of the company’s LiDAR collection and analysis technologies. In addition, they will work closely with company leadership to drive sales to existing and potentially new customers in the markets served by the company.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the company’s LiDAR imagery collection division. This will include developing internal workflows and processes and coordination of data acquisition with flight operations team, based on industry best practices.
- Develop efficient business processes associated with this practice area.
- Work with leadership to develop a sales strategy that aligns with corporate targets, capacities, objectives, and strategic initiatives.
- Initiate, lead, and assist with sales strategy and guide content, layout, and branding of all proposals, and requests for information and proposals.
- Assist with the design and implementation of client solutions for proposals to ensure they meet customer needs and provide the best possible customer service.
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan for key accounts.
- Build relationships with clients and consultants at senior decision-making levels.
- Maintain external communications (articles, websites, presentations, social media, etc.).
- Work with the operations team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and client retention.
- Direct experience in selling to decision-makers for LiDAR and imagery collection services.
- Marketing and proposal writing experience.
- Articulate and knowledgeable with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with airborne LiDAR and imagery acquisition, hardware, and software implementation, as well as data management, processing and classification, and quality control analysis and documentation, etc.
- Experience in flight planning for both LiDAR and imagery acquisition projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve technical, structural, statistical, and other problems that arise during the acquisition, processing or delivery of LiDAR and imagery data.
- Experience with industry-standard LiDAR and GIS software packages.
- Experience with RIEGL systems and the “RI” suite of software is preferable.