Geospatial Analyst - Mid-Level
Location : Baton Rouge, LA
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Mid Level (5-10 years)
GeoSearch, Inc. is currently seeking a Geospatial Analyst to work onsite in the Baton Rouge metro area. This is a direct-hire position with a national multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm.
- Create a variety of digital mapping/remotely sensed products using various software platforms.
- Extensive experience with and development of raster products, lidar products, publishing, and portal management of said products.
- Web app and dashboard development and customization.
- Coding and/or scripting experience (Python, Batch, SQL, Arcade).
- Capture, produce, geo-process and analyze data.
- Create and manipulate databases.
- Elevation, Feature (Transportation, Land Use/Land Cover, Hydrography, Boundaries, Manmade structures, Public Land Survey, Geodetic Controls) and other specific data Processing and Manipulation.
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS 10x, ArcPro, and ArcGIS Online (AGOL).
- Model builder experience.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mentoring, training junior GIS analysts a plus.
- Terrascan, GeoCue experience a plus.
- Data interoperability skills, experience with GeoCortex and Safe FME preferred.
- Task Management.
- Problem resolution.
- Report writing.
- Training and Collaboration.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or related field.
- 2 +years of experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field.
- Quality Assurance, documentation and providing feedback
- Working knowledge of LiDAR classification and DEM creation preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.