Sales Support Specialist - Machine Control & GPS
Location : Nashville, TN
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Entry Level (1-4 years)
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with experience in machine control and GPS equipment in the construction environment. In this role, you will provide consultative expertise in the use and applications of precision GPS machine control, construction survey, and heavy civil construction applications. You must be able to independently review, advise and provide consulting services to construction customers. Engage in training, demonstrating, and technical sales support for integrated 2D and 3D solutions.
- Coordinates Construction Survey and Software team to build and integrate 2D and 3D Guidance systems.
- Provide training and support for Leica-Geosystems Survey and Software products. This includes RTK GPS and Robotic instrumentation, iCON Software, and MC1 Grade Control Systems.
- Keep current on existing software, new software, and software updates.
- Function as a paid consultant to customers for Training and Support.
- Works as a technical liaison to the sales force to promote sales activities and facilitate order closings.
- Teach Continuing Education (CE) training classes for Surveying, 3D Guidance systems, and Software.
- Provide support for field service on all guidance and software products, providing phone support as well as on-site troubleshooting as required.
- Maintains a library consisting of project documentation and reports according to company guidelines.
- Uses manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, and parts diagrams to troubleshoot Leica-Geosystems and associated vendors' equipment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and CAD software is preferred.
- Associate degree or higher or equivalent experience in Surveying and Survey Technology or Civil Engineering. PLS is Preferred but not required.
- 4+ years of field experience in construction surveying. Must be proficient in the application of 2D and 3D Guidance technology.
- Must be able to handle the physical demands associated with the job including walking job sites, climbing, bending, and manually handling parts up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to effectively document activities on customer work orders.
- Must have cognitive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to apply knowledge, convey written information, and use verbal communication in a relatable way to others.
- Should have basic proficiency using PC-based applications (iOS where applicable).
- A valid state driver’s license (obtain within 30 days of hire a valid license within the state of operation) and possess a safe driving record.