Business Development Manager - Municipal Markets
This position is remote from anywhere in the Eastern US (VA, MD, DC, PA are ideal)
Our client is hiring for a highly motivated individual to join the Sales & Marketing team and help grow their business of providing GIS solutions to meet local, regional and state governments location based needs. As an experienced sales professional with a demonstrated ability to successfully grow current accounts and gain new market share, you will work with new and existing customers to clearly understand their needs and propose the appropriate technology solutions. You will also introduce, showcase, and promote services and solutions that demonstrate the value of utilizing geospatial intelligence for supporting existing business processes and better decision making within state, regional and local governments.
Candidates must be located within the mid-atlantic region.
• Drive sales revenue and market share by managing a territory and developing new business to meet & exceed quota
• Prospecting new clients through cold and warm lead generation
• Selling portfolio of technology solutions and services including ESRI products & solutions
• Develop strong relationships and work with clients to identify and understand their objectives and align our products and services
• Execute proposals, provide sales presentations and product demonstrations
• Successfully execute the sales process for qualified sales opportunities
• Proactively manage a sales pipeline and generate sales forecasts for your region
• Meet sales goals for new customers, users, upgrades, and revenue
• Identify targets for demand generation activities and appropriate follow-up on leads from your region
• Support proposals with client meetings, attend conferences and deliver conference presentations, participate in local or national industry organizations, and other related business development opportunities
• Create new business opportunities through in-depth conversations and relationship building
• Must have experience selling On-Demand, SaaS(Software as a Service) solutions to local, regional and state government organizations
• Account management or project management experience
• Proven track record for closing software solutions deals with local, regional and state governments.
• Ability to adapt, overcome objections, and learn complex solutions
• Strong time management skills
• Proven track record of developing business from an unestablished client base
• Consistent and documented track record for achieving monthly/quarterly/annual target metrics
• Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
• Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce
• Familiarity with GIS solutions used in state, local or regional governments
• Minimum of five years’ proven sales experience
• Ability to travel to support responsibilities of the position
This is a full time remote position and includes competitive benefit package. Our benefit package includes, but is not necessarily limited to, competitive salaries, medical, dental & vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, 13 paid holidays and additional paid time off.