Survey Crew Chief
Our client is seeking an experienced surveyor to join their growing team in Raleigh, NC. This is an ideal position for an experienced candidate who has the technical expertise and motivation for career growth. This company provides a very unique opportunity to work on various types of projects including local government, DOT, utilities, and land development clients.
This will be a field / office hybrid position.
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment and multiple CADD platforms.
- Assist and communicate with crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyors in preparation of land surveying documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated.
- A two-year degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology or a four-year degree in Land Surveying.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Self-starter who can work independently and who can adapt to working in a team setting.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and NCDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Interest in pursuing North Carolina Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- UAS Part 107 license and UAS operation experience.