Survey Crew Chief (NC)
Location : Raleigh, NC
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Land Surveying
Our growing team is seeking a Crew Chief in Raleigh, NC. This is an ideal position for an experienced candidate who has the technical expertise to serve in a crew chief role and is motivated for career growth.
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Use survey field equipment and multiple CADD platforms.
- Assist and communicate with crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers in support of their duties as well as Professional Land Surveyors in preparation of land surveying documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated.
- A two-year degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering Technology or a four-year degree in Land Surveying.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Physical ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Self-starter who can work independently and who can adapt to working in a team setting.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and NCDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and project managers.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Interest in pursuing North Carolina Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- UAS Part 107 license and UAS operation experience.